Birth doula services and doula care
Doulas Milwaukee offers a standard birth doula service package to all clients regardless of fee level. Our doulas have shared ethical commitments and standards of professionalism and offer a consistent doula care package for all families. All our doulas have undergone rigorous doula training, a background check, and are highly experienced. Our package includes:
• Your doula provides unlimited phone and email support from time of hire throughout your pregnancy and immediate postpartum period. Your birth doula will be on call for you from week 37 of your pregnancy until your birth.
• Two prenatal meetings: These meetings offer the opportunity to get to know each other better. You will also discuss your birthing preferences, ask questions and plan for the big day.
• Your doula will have phone contact with you during early labor and will join you when you ask her. Your doula will meet you at your home, birth center or hospital, depending on your preference. She will attend your labor continuously, provide physical comfort, emotional and mental support, and information to assist you in decision-making. Your doula will help your partner and/or any other support people by offering suggestions, information, assistance, and reassurance. If you wish, your birth coach may also serve as a liaison between you and the staff. She will establish rapport, remind you of your preferences, and help you ask questions to make decisions. Your doula will remain with you for about 1-2 hours postpartum to assist with initiating feeding and other needs.
• Your doula will be available by phone and email to answer questions you have during the first couple of weeks of your postpartum time. She will offer you referrals for other resources as needed. You may also reach out to Doulas Milwaukee for additional referrals and/or resources.
• Your doula will provide one follow-up visit at the hospital or your home within the first weeks postpartum. During this time, you will review your birth experience, ask any questions you have, and/or get assistance with feeding.